Monday, June 04, 2007

Time Flies

Exactly one year ago today I went back to work. And wasn't all together thrilled about it either. Seems like just yesterday we had a dog. Seems like just yesterday he made me late for the first day at my new "real job" and like just yesterday that I paid a babysitter every penny I brought home for 2 1/2 months. Seems like just yesterday I thought that was a really great idea.

:-)

Wow...so glad it's not yesterday anymore. So glad that this summer instead of copying and laminating and data-entrying (I made that up) that I will be driving my taxi cab all over town again. Yes, I really said that...despite the absurd cost of filling up my taxi's gas tank.

My job...it was great. My co-workers...they were the best. My kids...they adjusted somewhat. Me...I needed to catch my breath. So, I figured out - actually, I just told them - that I couldn't work this summer. I should be typing something like I studied and tweaked my budget but...I didn't. I just quit. Even found my replacement. It just all worked out.

So this summer I'm back to having a Spongebob Theme Song brainstain and back to washing beach towels every night. No, we don't have a pool - just lots of hoses, sprinklers and water guns. And when I'm not taxi-ing children I plan to spend my summer blogging, decluttering and, yeah, catching my breath (which mostly involves reconnecting with my kids I think.)

And, ummmm, because I failed to do that budget tweaking (would've been wise...oops) you may have to endure a few blogs on coupon clipping (do they still print those?) and reaquainting my kids with the library (instead of our cherished Barnes and Noble)...not sure I can let go of that one!

Anyway, how has "everyone" been?

:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back in the blogosphere Marianne!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have the best job in the world! Coupons are good and the library works... ;)

Enjoy your kids!

Look forward to more blogs...