Monday, June 05, 2006

Not So Bad

Considering how stressed out and upset I was at the prospect of completely letting down my kids by going back to work, today wasn't half bad.

The sitter arrived on time (of course), I was ready (that took work) and my youngest was fully awake and ready for the day (extremely important today). One thing didn't go as planned. Not exactly.

That would be the "thing" my 5 year old came screeching into the kitchen to share with me just the very second the sitter rang the doorbell. "Buddy just PEED in the Living Room. Just now. MOOOOmmmmy, he peed on my puzzles!!!"

I kind of didn't plan that into my getting ready for work schedule and so I was a wee bit late. I know, I know. First day of work. Oops. Pretty big Oops. But my story prompted a few more doggy pee stories throughout the morning. And that made people laugh. So I'm seeing it as possibly a positive first impression.

Anyway, the first day went okay. I think I've got the copy machine down pat. And tomorrow, I think I'll remember to take a lunch break. I sort of forgot about that today. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww. the puzzles. so yucky. there is nothing about pet ownership that i like.

marianne said...

I know...other than the pet himself. The rest really stinks. Literally.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, congratulations on a relatively non-catrostrophic first day. And good luck with the millions of next days.

Anonymous said...

"Catrostrophic."

From the greek word meaning "This isn't even funny anymore."

marianne said...

Eric, you are pretty much always very funny. :-)