Sunday, June 04, 2006

Here We Go

So tomorrow is the big day. Remember, up at 6:00, snooze bar, dragging the dog, Diet Coke and getting ready for my first day at work. I should be elated. But I'm not.

I'm sad to be missing the laziness and craziness of summer with my kids. My oldest daughter enters high school next year, meaning next summer she HAS to go to summer school (some insane rule for upcoming freshmen). So this is my last summer with her at home being a bum. :-) Sleeping in, being a camp counselor, MTV marathons - all of that is taking place this summer while I go back to work. And it's really not that big of a deal but tonight I'm sad about it anyway.

My kids have been through so much. Is this going to even phase them? I really don't know. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Could be a dream come true for them. Could be they've had just about enough of me. We'll know soon enough.

So wish me luck. Pray this was the right move for all of us if you do that kind of thing. :-)





No comments: