Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Coffee Table


I don't drink coffee so, technically, it's not really a coffee table that sits in front of my couch in our living room. Up until about two months ago I could have called it my Diet Coke Table. But now that's history as well (that was really hard, btw!)

Honestly, even if I were to pour a cup of coffee, there isn't one square inch of tabletop available for setting it down. No room. It'd have to go on the floor. Which I would prefer anyway because if by some miracle a space did open up on the table made for holding coffee, I doubt I'd take the chance. One clumsy nap-jerk and over it would go onto one of...ummm...eighteen books.

There's also a bowl I made like 10 years ago in ceramics class and in it sits a very dusty half burned candle surrounded by some shiny rocks, a few Barbie shoes and mismatched barrettes. Along with someone's flattened Capri Sun bag (gggrrrrrr), an old band-aid (that's gross and, tonight, I'm just makin' that up), a piece of tape (I can never figure that one out), and a purple marker that amazingly still works.

I've tried to keep it pretty. Every three years or so I try. And it lasts for maybe two weeks. Maybe. It's just no use. I'm a perpetual book stacker.

And next I'll write about one of the books from that stack. Which is what I set out to do tonight until I sidetracked myself.

So since I'm already sidetracked...what's on your coffee table?

:-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha. I have four dishbuckets on my coffee table. I separate the kids' folded laundry into those buckets and at some point I tell them to put that laundry away, so I can fold the mountain of clean clothes that sit on the couch and put some of those clothes back in the buckets. We never put coffee on the coffee table and we never sit on the couches. And our dresser drawers are empty. Maybe we should put cups of coffee in the drawers.

marianne said...

omgosh...haha...

quite clever. :-)

but don't do it.

btw, you have comfy porch furniture so that's really all that matters.

miss you. :-)

The Secret Life of Kat said...

Nothing. That's only because it's more of a coffee table shaped ottoman. It opens up and holds all our girls dress up clothes - so if I put anything on it, it would get knocked off every 5 minutes.

Sonflower :-) said...

I thought I was the only one!

I have a confession! I'm a clutter bunny! No matter how much I organize 2 weeks later it reverts back to clutter!

It's a personality type ;p

marianne said...

Kat - I've always wanted one of those ottoman coffee table storage things! Mine would be full of Barbies and Books I'm sure!

Sonflower - Did you have a Happy Birthday?? I have clutter as well. I hate it!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh. And I think you are correct...Because I load up bags and bags of stuff to give away and somehow more appears. It's alive?

Sonflower :-) said...

Did I have a birthday!?

I had a fun one... don't know if you remember Crowded House or not but trust me they are good (one of my favorites) It just happened they were playing at the Ryman (the old Opry House) on my birthday ....It was great! Had a lot of fun they play a couple of encores which was fabulous....unfortunately the parking garage we parked in closed and locked the doors at 11pm...um, we got back about 11:20pm. ;)