Sunday, September 16, 2007

Saturday Matinee

Aaaahhhh...I found I had a few hours to myself yesterday. It was a fabulous occurrence. So I treated myself to an afternoon with Jane Austen, sort of. I am a bit of an Anne Hathaway fan and I also love most anything Jane Austen. So Becoming Jane was the movie I chose. If you find yourself with a few free hours, go see it!

One of the best things about the movie was the previews...not your usual "Wedding Crashers/Die Hard" type. The Kite Runner preview was news to me that the movie will be out in November (yay!!!) and I am feverishly googling to find out more about Under the Same Moon, about a boy who crosses the Mexican/US border to find his mother after the death of his grandmother. I say feverishly because I couldn't remember the title. :-)

But also...I saw the preview for The Jane Austen Book Club. Brought me much happiness.

So there...enjoy the clips (wish there was one for The Kite Runner)...let me know if you see Becoming Jane...and let me know what you think about the movies coming out soon.

:-)

6 comments:

Sonflower :-) said...

Actually...Becoming Jane is on my list of movies I want to see...

so I take it that it got a good review from the Daisy? :p

I'll look for the other previews as well.

marianne said...

Yes!!! I'd go see it with a friend again. It was dreamy...haha.

Under the Same Moon looks like a good one to watch for as well.

:-)

Sonflower :-) said...

Want to meet me at the theater Saturday afternoon? ;)

marianne said...

Now wouldn't that be fun...and quite an adventure!

:-)

Sonflower :-) said...

I'm all for Adventure! ;p

http://essay4money.com/ said...

Now I cannot remember exactly the title of the competition I mean. It is connected to Jane Austen and her heritage. So, the children from all over the States may take part there. writing their research on the given topic. The winners get lavish financial funds!!!