Sunday, August 19, 2007

Their Bags are Packed

And yeah, they are ready to go. One more excited than the other two about Back to School, but it's happening anyway.

Amazing that moving on to first grade seems as scary an adventure as does starting high school for each of my girls. But the lure of middle school and all that goes with it - cooler uniform shirts (if there is such a thing)...longer lunches...better lunches...buddies...girls (sigh) - makes tomorrow the day my son has been waiting for all summer. He's so ready.

And I start my new job. I'm thinking this year is going to be GREAT...I can't wait to be closer to my kids and, also, closer to what I want to be when I grow up.

Happy Back to School everyone...even if all you experience of it is getting stuck behind a slow-poke school bus on the way to work!

:-)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great first day of school!

Oh, the memories... :D

marianne said...

Thanks...it was nuts! :-)