Thursday, July 26, 2007

Paper Skin

It's the name of Kendall Payne's newest CD...Paper Skin. So far I've only heard four of the songs in their entirety(ies?). You know what I mean. Anyway, Myspace still works for me for stuff like that. Or you can go to CDBaby.com and hear clips of each song from Paper Skin. Highly worth your time...in my opinion.

I first heard Kendall Payne last November in Anaheim at a YS Conference. First day, first worship...Kendall Payne and her amazingly powerful voice. I missed her table (I was lost in sea of flip flops and backpacks wondering what the heck I was doing there anyway...another post...) so once I got back to my gigantic desktop here in Florida, I searched for her. Ordered "Grown" and wore out the lid on my mailbox waiting for it to arrive. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.

Couldn't wait for what was next.

And now it is here. If you aren't familiar with Kendall, please check her out. She's fun, playful, powerful and deep.

Love her. Check it out.

:-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marianne,

I've got Kendall's "Grown" and love it! I listened to the 4 songs on her myspace page and this may be one I have to add to my cd "list". I love when you recommend music... you always have wonderful taste in music! :D

Sonny girl.

marianne said...

Hey Sonny...Grown is awesome, isn't it! Did you read her story about her husband bringing her home a keyboard and then how she played Christmas Carols on it for months? It's either on her Myspace or website. Anyway,I thought it was cute.

Anonymous said...

I didn't see it on her myspace but I'll be sure to check out her website to see it.

Loved the new songs.

Anonymous said...

me, again!

I just found the story you were talking about ...it's the album press release that's on CDBaby.com. Good story. The more I listen to samples of this cd the more I think I will be getting this one.

Amy said...

I have one of her cds, but I must confess, I haven't listened to it all that much. But I love the song that was on Grey's Anatomy. I've listened to it a few thousand times. I'll try to check out those songs on myspace when I'm not at work.