Thursday, July 26, 2007

40 Day Fast...Catching Up

I've fallen so far behind here in posting and I hope if you've come here in the last week to check on the 40 Day Fast Bloggers that you've known to click on the blogs in my sidebar.

Last week Amy posted about human trafficking. Not a day has gone by since last Saturday when I first read her post that I haven't thought about the things she wrote. Please take a minute to read her post if you have not already.

Erin wrote about Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Then it was Dray's turn.
Jessica reminded us of the grim realities of North Korea.
Child Labor was the focus for Carlos on his assigned day of the 40 Day Fast.
And today, Kat's Mom writes about Celine who lives in the Philippines while Heather writes about time away from her computer. Find both of their posts here.

In just five days, the 40 Day Fast will be complete. For the next five days I will be praying for the people and the places I have learned so much about from the 40 Day Bloggers. I'll be praying for even more strength to fight inertia and complacency. I'll be praying for my church and our youth group as we bring Blood:Water Mission to their attention and call them to action.

If you can, please join all of the 40 Day Fast Bloggers in fasting on the final day, July 31st, and pray for all of the compassion and eagerness that is resting in your heart
to no longer be content "sitting and waiting" for the right time, the right chance, the right place to move you into action. The time is now. For you and for me. We can all make a difference. Just start. Now.

No comments: