Friday, July 27, 2007

40 Day Fast...Day 36

Today's blogger for the 40 Day Fast is Ted. Please take a few minutes to read his post. Over the past 35 days, he has been moved to action after reading many posts highlighting Compassion International...

Somewhere in this 40 Day Fast, I’ve been moved to action. I think it began with the initial shock of the picture, and then continued as I read many wonderfully written posts about people willing to stand up and say, “It sure made a difference to that one!” So, after reading about some great organizations doing some wonderful things around the world and locally, my family and I made a decision to sponsor a child through Compassion International.

Then about fasting he says...

Bill Bright once wrote that fasting is “
a primary means of restoration … by humbling our souls”. So today, I’ll get to be humbled … realizing that on so many levels I’ve fallen short of my responsibility to stand up and make a difference. I wonder how God might show me more ways that I can be a part of the solution through fasting today.


You can read his whole post here. It's very honest, challenging and inspiring.

2 comments:

steven.russell said...

this isn't this related...but i am asking all the people associated with the 40 day fast to post shaun's blog today in trying to help his friend.

thanks.

http://www.shaungroves.com/shlog/comments/i_need_a_guy/

marianne said...

Absolutely. Thanks, Steven.