Sunday, July 23, 2006

Tribute to Uncle M

Before I start, let me say that this Tribute has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that in only four short days I will be needing a ride from the Atlanta airport to my dearest brother's (yeah, the older one's) home. And a place to sleep for four nights. :-)

Really.

So, despite all the fun my oldest daughter and I had writing the Teva Tan post - she can't get over those tan lines - I realize it is totally unfair. Because my brother has been a low key but constant supporter of whatever it is going on in my life that needs addressing and does so in that way only an older brother can. And while I've grown to have a mind of my own, I like running extremely important things by him.

Important things like, am I too old to wear a toe ring or is my daughter too young to have a boyfriend or do I look fat in these jeans? Kidding. I call him rarely - he's a busy man with a family of his own - but when I do, he listens and briefly pinpoints the issues and outlines what I need to address. This, let me tell you, takes talent. I ramble. Just a bit.

So, despite the Teva Tan, Uncle M doesn't just rock on his own. Uncle M has unobtrusively become a rock my little family can count on when we really need a rock. A rock with funny tan lines is still a rock nonetheless.

Love you, Big Bro. And if there is a surf store in Atlanta we'll find it this weekend. Gotta have at least one pair of Reefs. ;-)

Love, Sis

:-)

1 comment:

marianne said...

You know...after being with him for the past 4 days...I'm thinking maybe you are right! ;-)

Kidding.

:-)