Saturday, July 22, 2006

Teva Tan

It is with an inkling of hesitation and with even less (but some) regret that I retell this tale of humiliation...at my older brother's expense. Of course. It's only natural after years of repressing memories of Red Bellies and Indian Burns and Misguided Fashion Advice (why, why, why did I listen to you we went shopping together??!!).

Anyway...revenge is sweet. I'm here to tell the world, or at least the blogosphere, all about your Teva Tan. :-)

Yeah, go ahead big Bro...you can run (slowly on bad knees) but you can't hide. Well, you never could hide very well but that's another blog post.

Ha - I really shouldn't be enjoying this quite so much. :-)

So, what exactly was that design or pattern or, ummm, fungus growing on the top of your foot last Sunday when you decided to take off your (oh so fashionable) Teva to show off your, ummm, tan?????

Apparently, you aren't alone brother dearest. :-) Amazing, huh?

As your "Hipper than Any of Us Can Ever Hope to Be Again" Niece just quipped as she breezed by my desk, "Flip Flop Tans are Cool, Teva Tans...No." :-)

So Uncle Mike, you truly rock - you know that. But, before your next trip to Florida, toss the Tevas and buy a 5 visit punchcard to the corner Tanning Salon and...wear your FLIP FLOPS!

Love you.

:-)


8 comments:

marianne said...

I need to add that many many years ago my brother lived in Flip Flops. And - to his credit - many many years ago he also had a very nice Flip Flop Tan. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh, technical revenge of the Younger Sib, 30 years later. Awesome.

marianne said...

Haha...actually I am feeling very guilty and will be adding a Tribute to the Best Big Brother Ever in the near future. Maybe. :-)

marianne said...

Okay...now I'm writing the tribute for sure. Soon. He is a great big brother with a goofy tan on his feet. Of course, that's easy for me to say now. :-)

marianne said...

:-) Kat, I think you are exactly right. Are you getting the picture that neither of us are very fashionable? :-)

Anonymous said...

I must be really out of it. what is a teva?

marianne said...

Robo...haha. You are kidding, right? :-0

Tevas are fancy strappy rubber hiker type sandals. I don't know why I am making fun of them. They are very comfortable I think and practical and all. Popular.

But they leave funny tan lines.

:-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.