Friday, July 21, 2006

Anniversary

Sort of. One summer ago my daughter discovered MySpace. And like some others of us who have visited...just to check it out...she majorly got sucked in to a never-ending urge of adding more and more and more friends, obsessively messing with her layout and putting up songs only to replace them with another days, hours or even minutes later.

Whew. MySpace wears me out.

It's been a battle and a pleasure. A source of entertainment, a way to keep in touch and a sneaky way to spy on, ummm, things.

Whew, again.

It's been a great escape some days. Like yesterday (remember no more Calgon Bath Crystals) when I randomly clicked on artists' pages and found some pretty interesting choices for profile songs. I'd add them if I were a tiny bit more cool.

My middle kid, sweet little guy, can't do MySpace yet. And he loves music. So together we check out his all-time fave, Relient K and...haha...were we ever amused the day we discovered Episode One of their MySpace Animated Podcast Series (scroll down). At times I wonder if my sense of humor got stuck back in second grade. Relient K really makes me smile. Their page also makes me want to watch "Pimp My Ride". But, so far, I've only caught the tale end of one episode where they turned some guy's Ice Cream Van into, yeah, the same just pimped out. (What's up with that word and why do I feel incredibly old even asking?)

Okay, so other than only filling my head with nothingness, MySpace has become a very positive thing (for lack of a better word) for me. Where, in the beginning, I went all out with colors and decorating and excessive typing, I have ended up with a toned down, less is more profile full of friends I don't know and never will know personally. :-) Out of 42 friends (okay, so who really needs 4,839 friends anyway?) I know 4 personally and face to face, 4 more personally monitor to monitor or keyboard to keyboard and the rest....yeah, all famous type people but I really like getting their bulletins, reading their blogs and listening to the songs they put up for us.

Anyway, it's been a fun year. Interesting, scary and educational at times - but MySpace has definitely been a Blast!!!

Critics...say what you will but MySpace (currently) Rules...still.

:-)


1 comment:

marianne said...

Kat, yes you are one of my 4 famous monitor to monitor friends. :-)

I just realized the other day that you can put up as many as 24 friends on your front page...so I did and now my Top Friends are pretty much my whole list. My daughter thinks that is soooo hysterical.

:-)