Saturday, July 01, 2006

First Job

I believe tonight will be Sissy's first real babysitting job. I LOVE it. She got the job totally on her own and she really likes the kids. She even took a fresh shower, prettied up and starting talking like a Mom saying things like "Use your words" and "Are you supposed to be doing that". I told her I didn't like using words all the time and that she wasn't the boss of me. :-)

Kidding.

But speaking of liking the kids, you know those other babysitters. The ones you suspect really don't like kids but put on a good show. Or maybe I should say, give it a good try. Maybe they so want to be great babysitters and so want to love taking care of kids but, in the end, they race out the door with a quick "See ya later". Sometimes even forgetting their cash.

Ha ha - that'd be really bad. And I've never seen that happen in real life.

Anyway, I was a terrible babysitter. "See ya later" was blurted over my shoulder one of the few times I ever babysat. I H-A-T-E-D it. It was one of the longest nights of my entire life. The worst part is that it started out lovely. I was happy, the kid was happy. But then, she wanted me to play with her. The whole night. I had no idea.

I guess growing up the youngest didn't prepare me for entertaining others. I was too busy being entertained by everyone around me. And they were terrific at it, by the way. I think I halfway expected my little babysittee to entertain me that night. How embarrassing that I am even sharing this with you. :-)

But I have faith in my daughter. She's an awesome big sister and she LOVES being in charge. She actually is the boss of me - just don't let her know I said so.

:-)

1 comment:

marianne said...

You did? Loathe...much better than spelling out H-A-T-E (I can't get out of the habit on some words).

And thanks for asking, it went well I believe. She got a job babysitting the little cousin two nights later. :-)