Sunday, July 02, 2006

Abandoned Blobs

Here's what happens when you take kids who live life in the fast lane and try to bring things down a notch or two. Okay, maybe this was more like bringing it down twelve.

Whatever the number, it didn't quite work out. They didn't create the perfect looking pot within the 36 seconds they are used to achieving an end result.

Channel Change - 2 seconds max
Movie on Demand - 10 seconds...maybe
Pop Tart (toasted) - 30 seconds on low

That's the kind of thing I was up against tonight. So who do you think ended up sitting in the carport pushing the little plastic pottery wheel pedal blowing gnats out of her eyes? That would be me. And boy was it fun. Honest.

Only one tiny potter isn't finished. My little neighbor's pot sits last in line on the table there and he plans to paint it brown tomorrow after it has dried. Because actually it's not a pot, it's going to be a coconut. I'm not sure but I'm guessing he's been living life in the middle lane and eats something other than Pop Tarts for breakfast.

:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa... what kind of camera are you using? These pictures are fabulous.

marianne said...

Thank you. And, yeah, it's all because of the camera because I am no great photographer! It's a big Sony that only works outdoors now. Flash stopped working about two years ago...so it's my outdoor camera now. :-)