Wednesday, May 24, 2006

OMGosh...Did It FINALLY Show Up?

There are many differences between my oldest daughter and me. But the one that blares outright at me right this very minute is her tech savviness compared to mine. Well, duh.

Anyway, I just signed up at last.fm. I created a profile, then a chart and then, after (let's just say) over an hour of copying and pasting HTML here and there, I finally have it showing up in my blog.

How long would that have taken my daughter? Really, I don't know but I'm guessing...less than one minute.

:-P

Gotta love being middle aged (a young middle aged mind you) and being obsessed with keeping up with the Internet Generation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think technology is God's little way of leveling the playing field between parents and children. See, the mom can at any time tell the kid to clean their room or do the dishes or any other slave labor type thing, and the kid can't do a single thing about it. But, the kid has a little bit of redemption when the mom wants him or her to show her how to do a little HTML trick or something nice like that.

So everything works out quite swimmingly. The great balance is undisturbed.

marianne said...

You know I think you may be right. God is so smart like that. :-)

Funny thing about my daughter showing me a "little HTML trick", she can't talk me through it. Takes too long. She likes squishing me in the chair and tapping and clicking a bajillion things in like 15 seconds and saying "Okay it's fixed now".

Actually I think she wants to keep me in the dark so the slave labor/redemption thing can keep working for her. And it does. :-)