Wednesday, August 08, 2007

No Internet :-(

Finally...I have internet. But it's been 5 days since my daily visits from the Internet/Cable Guys began. And, still, they have to come back for more tweaking. I think that means they are hoping whatever wires or splitters or boosters (those are just words I've heard cable guys use before) they leave me with will, once and for all, solve my problems. For now anyway.

So, for those of you who know me...can you imagine what 5 days without internet have been like for marianne? A temperamental modem makes for one very temperamental me.

But I've tried to fill my time productively. Let's see, since last Friday I've read 2 more Stuart Woods novels and another by Nora Roberts. What...you didn't expect me to be reading Shakespeare during my personal Internet Crisis, did you?

Also, when I ordered a new backpack from Lands End for the boy of the house, I had to use the phone. That was just weird.

So, here's hoping everything is all fixed very very soon and that the cable guy can find somewhere else to hang out for awhile.

:-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome back to the real world...

Anonymous said...

I knew I hadn't heard from you lately...

so now you've been on a "internet" fast? ;)

The Secret Life of Kat said...

May it never happen to me...

:-)

Glad you're back.

marianne said...

Bob - Thanks...and Welcome Back to you, too. Thought about you guys last week.

Sonny - It was KILLING me!!! :-)

Kat - I wouldn't wish it on anyone! Thanks and I owe you a "Hello it's me" email...but it's on my other computer...hopefully I'll be back up fully by tomorrow afternoon!