Saturday, July 15, 2006

Home Sweet Home

That's right...we're back! Safe and sound. We had an incredible week at the beach-my new favorite place. And more about Longboat Key later but wanted to mention a few special souvenirs.

Yes, we returned with the usual snowglobe, coffee mug (for hot tea), clunky fridge magnet and, of course, t-shirts. However...the best find and my most cherished of souvenirs is a bar of soap. It's sitting right here on my desk and I can enjoy it's delectable fragrance without leaning in any closer. I found this treasure only yesterday afternoon scrunched up in a corner of a shop full of linen tops and colorful necklaces. I'd seen enough of those. But I'd never seen soap quite like the Sister Agnes Soaps neatly arranged on the rickety folding bookshelf.

I chose Beachhouse which, sadly, is not listed in their online catalog. Supposedly it smells like "fresh ocean air" spiked with eucalyptus, coconut and lime.

Anyway...very clever and scrumptious soaps. Took a peek at their website and was amused. Thought I should share.

Glad to be home.

:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way cool catalog....love there subline...."cleaniness is next to godliness" ;-p


Welcome Home!

marianne said...

It's good to be home. :-)

Glad you enjoyed the soap links! Wish you could smell them, too. :-)