Monday, June 12, 2006

Weather Channel Season Already?

Seems like we just got over that - just started our No Worries About the Weather Season. Augh! And, by now, I should be wiser by the time Weather Channel Season arrives. But, umm, not so much yet.

Do I have enough batteries? Maybe. Do I have enough water? Absolutely not. Is my pantry stocked with Pop Tarts, Cheez Its and Peanuts? (Hey, it worked for us during the aftermath of Charley.) Well, there is one box of unopened Cheez Its in there. What else? Oh, did I save up for a generator like I totally intended to do last Fall? Nope. Was Alberto supposed to turn into a Hurricane? No and I heard them say so myself on the news. Something happened today while I was in La-La Land at work. All of a sudden we're talking 70 mph winds. Not necessarily here. But I see where Lake County has cancelled summer school. Uh oh.

Camp. Lake County. Nothing like being away at camp when along comes a hurricane. And this is all just occuring to me tonight at 11:26.

No more blogging for me tonight - I've got some TV to watch. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

FIRST REPLY!!! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!


Ah, this will be the one chance I get to be happy that I don't live in Flordia, the utopian land of perpetual warm weather and nice tans.

Don't forget the duct tape and bleach. And when the winds pick up, remember to put your head between your knees while couting to 100....

Anonymous said...

And while you're couting to 100, whatever that may entail, try couNting to like, 50 or something.

marianne said...

I don't have duct tape but would like to get some anyway. You never know when/where it will come in handy. Like the time a little boy left a bundle of lollipops duct taped together in my oldest daughter's cubby in kindergarten. Awwwww.

And about the utopian land of Florida...you forgot about jumbo bug bites and frizzy hair. :-)

Anonymous said...

okay, eric: you will think that i am one of those people who have too much time on thier hands, but i am not. but i have to tell you that my son makes me go to your xanga page all the time so he can hear someone say "farty-pants" in a song. he starts it over and over and we both laugh EVERY time. i even laughed when i typed it.

marianne, sorry i am using comments to your blog to say something to your friend. how untubular of me.

Anonymous said...

Robomom:

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Yes, there is something about that song (and all of "Weird Al" Yankovic's song) that appeals to my inner immature dorky kid. I can't help laughing every time I hear the "Farty-pants," either.

The song is even better if you know the original, hahaha.