Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Computer Stress

It's pretty huge for me to admit that being on a computer has stressed me out. But today is that huge day for me.

The very very few things that I do know about computers usually impress most of my friends and their friends, too. That's because they don't like computers. So the truth is that I actually know pretty much nothing but had no clue just how little. It felt good believing I was awesome with computers and every single time one of my friends said something like, "How did you DO that?" I got the Techie Big Head. Only I soooo never deserved it.

Today I've been sitting at my desk muttering things like, "Word has how many toolbars?" and "I think we click on 'Next' - do you think we should click on 'Next'? " Also, someone may have heard me saying to no one in particular, "Why doesn't it say 'decimals' anywhere on this cheatsheet?" or "I really need to sign up for some computer classes as soon as possible!"

Seems the only cure for Computer Stress, though, is more time on the computer. So here I sit blogging when I should be reading the Help Section in Word. Guess I still could go there - since I'm finished here.

:-)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if i were to head to the help section of anything at 11pm i would get in bed in time for the sun to come up!!!!

that happened to me recently--the big head thing. i thought i was a pretty talented and experienced preschool teacher until i worked with peggy this year. ego bust. big time. but i am actually so glad to be working with someone who can teach me sooooooo much.

i think it's fantabulous that you can put links to other stuff in the body of your blog. you still have techie status in my book.

marianne said...

You are great with kids. But I know what you mean about her. She is one sweet lady. :-)