Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I Messed Up

I've felt kind of sick ever since I wrote the March 3, entry. And I've learned something. See, I started writing that entry but had to put it aside before I finished it. Picked it up again a few weeks later and became confused when I struggled terribly to complete it. Problem is too much happened in those two weeks and nothing was the same as before.

But I was committed. I really really had to finish writing that entry. At least that's what I was thinking and that's also why it lost its momentum halfway through - you know? It became false and stale. If I was a contestant on American Idol, Simon would say, "I believe that performance just bought you a plane ticket home, Marianne".

It was forgettable. Not believable. Being responsible and "finishing what I started" only left me with something that meant nothing.

If I'd been honest when I sat down at my computer again I would have started typing something more like, "Actually that snowball passed me by but this week there has been a turn of events. So now I'm running - no, I'm sprinting - to catch up. And I'm trying not to spill my glass of red wine as I run toward my quickest means of escape"!

In other words, Life During MySpace - Part Two is on the way. But prepare yourself. I'll be laying it all out for you and then some. "Messy" will be redefined.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... well, I have slowly been reviewing several posts on your blog here, and I have come to a couple conclusions:

You are fabulously smart and well-written. You are trying your hardest to raise your daughter well, and I firmly believe that will pay off. You are also refreshingly realistic in your ideas and writing. I give you and your blog an emphatic thumbs up.

marianne said...

Awww. That is what I was waiting for. Hahahahahah. Just kidding. But I will definitely print this and tape it to my monitor.

Kidding again.

I need to learn how to write shorter, ummm, posts or whatever. Not necessarily my opinion but I read that in Blogging for Dummies and so, well, it has to be true.

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. :-)

Anonymous said...

It nearly killed me, all of it.

marianne said...

Haha - I know. Sorry. :-)